The following Recommendations were made:
- That a phased approach for hiring RDMCOE staff, with the near-term (phase 1) goal of hiring a total of four personnel, to include the Director and Administrative Assistant currently on staff, and to expand the staff to a total of eight personnel at a later date (Phase 2).
- That Financing Plan based on (50 % Equal Share + 50 % GDP) formula for determining
- Participating Countries contributions to the RDMCOE budget. The total budget will be divided in half, with the first half equally shared among member countries and the second half apportioned based on relative GDP.
- Development of a 3-5 year business plan should be a priority task for the RDMCOE, with input, support and review by the National Focal Points (NFPs).
- RDMCOE Operations Handbook and Standard Operating Procedures be developed to clarify policies and procedures, to include hiring practices, financial standards and other operational guidelines.
- Senior-level delegates should generate political support and facilitate the procedures required for ratification of the RDMCOE Agreement, as well as for creating a funding line in their national budgets to support RDMCOE.
- Unanimously endorsed and witnessed the Signing Ceremony of the Agreement by the Democratic Republic of Congo.