The meeting resolved that Participating States shall:
- Participating States that have not ratified the Agreement are encouraged to hasten the process of ratification. Further encouraged Ethiopia and Eritrea to sign the Agreement, followed by ratification.
- Participating States are encouraged to initiate programs and to make funding arrangements in their respective countries in support of the Strategic Plan.
- The meetings of Committee of NFPs will review the Financial Rules and Regulations as and when need arises.
- Participating States are encouraged to submit their financial contributions to the RDMCOE as stipulated.
- The Director of the RDMCOE is to initiate registration with the UN as provided by Article 102, and the AU.
- The Director of the RDMCOE implements the programs identified in the Strategic Plan as funding permits.
- The Director of the RDMCOE will work closely with the NFPs, Ministers and other
stakeholders to implement activities outlined in the Strategic Plan.
- The Director of the RDMCOE will seek partnership with other agencies and donors to support the programs in the Strategic Plan.
- The proposed budget for 2009 to be used for planning purposes in respect of budget processes of Participating States.
- The Director of RDMCOE is requested to provide a brief to the Ambassadors of Participating States to the UN, in order to seek their support in the implementation of the initiative.
- That due consideration be given to convene a Heads of Government Summit to further entrench the initiative.
- The Chairman of the Committee of Ministers was requested to invite Mauritius, Reunion.
- Madagascar and Comoros to join the initiative.
- The Committee of Ministers selected the Minister representing Rwanda as the Chairman of the Committee of Ministers for 2008.
- The position of special envoy to the initiative was proposed and approved.
The Director of the RDMCOE implements directives and policy in accordance to guidance received from the Committee of Ministers.
- The Committee of NFPs is drawn from the designated focal point for disaster management issues in each participating state.
- The rotational Executive Committee is the executive arm of the NFP and reports to the Committee of Ministers. It meets quarterly or as need arises.
- The Committee of Ministers is composed of Ministers charged with the responsibility of disaster management and/or any other designated Minister from the Participating States. It is the supreme body in decision making and meets at least once every year. In the process, the Committee of Ministers meets once a year to lay the strategies for the next period, and the NFPs meet quarterly.