Operational Plan 1:
Identify and Describe the potential disasters in the region especially at national (or, where appropriate, provincial) scales, in order to inform and underpin implementation of the Agreement.
Promote and encourage documentation of potential disasters, its effects and the population distribution. It will be prudent to identify each risk and its potential impact on population and property.
Include in National Disaster inventories information which identifies:
• Potential disasters and zones
• Vulnerability of the population
• Disaster Management resources at national, provincial or local level in each participating country.
Regional Implementation Target 1
All types of potential disasters inventory to have full data management, custodianship, and records in place. Make available a Web-based disaster zones inventory, database and records for all national (including provincial) disaster inventories.
Operational Plan 2
Identify and Describe the extent of Disaster Management resources, especially at national (or, where appropriate, provincial) scales, in order to inform and underpin implementation of the Agreement (Capabilities Assessment).
- Ensure that national arrangements for the custodianship, storage and maintenance of Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management inventory, data and information are in place.
Regional Implementation Target 2
- Establish a Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster management resources and priorities for disasters inventory.
- Encourage the use of relevant information from Disaster Management inventories by decision-makers, Disaster Management managers and Disaster Management users in the development and implementation of national Disaster Management policies and national and local Disaster Management programmes.
Regional Implementation Target 3
All Parties with Disaster Management inventories to have made these available to all stakeholders.
Operational Plan 3
Assess and monitor the condition of Disaster Management resources, both regionally and nationally (or, where appropriate, provincially, municipalities).
- Establish a repository for the contribution by Participating Countries of summarized national (or, where appropriate, provincial) assessments of changes in the status of Disaster Management resources, as the basis for regular analysis and improved reporting on the status of Disaster Management resources.
- Develop guidelines for rapid assessment of Disaster Management systems and capabilities,
- Develop methodologies for the assessment of the vulnerability to Disasters due to predictable change in ecological character, including vulnerability to the impacts of climate change and sea-level rise.
Regional Implementation Target 4
- Disaster vulnerability assessment at national level. Undertake assessments of the vulnerability of population and conduct hazard mapping for each risk and hazard.
Regional Implementation Target 5
- At least 8 Participating Countries to have undertaken Risk and Vulnerability assessments.