Operational Plan 3.1
Develop and disseminate methodologies to achieve the Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management.
Incorporate Disaster Risk reduction and Disaster Management initiatives as objectives of sustainable development in Participating Countries.
Regional Implementation Target 1
- Spearhead process of developing and reviewing monitoring and assessment tools particularly in line with Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Compile advice, methods and best practice studies for Disaster Management Initiatives and disseminate these to Disaster Management managers.
- Disseminate and encourage Participating Countries, responsible agencies, and bilateral and multilateral donor organizations, in order to assist their development and implementation of sustainable development funding policies that fully address the Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management.
Operational Plan 3.2
- Increase recognition of the significance of Disaster Risk Reduction as means for sustainable environment and specifically for reasons of water supply, coastal protection, flood defense, food security, poverty alleviation, cultural heritage, and scientific research.
As part of national (or, as appropriate, provincial) conduct inventories, assess and document Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management Initiatives which are of special significance for reasons of water supply, coastal protection, flood defense, food security, poverty alleviation, cultural heritage and scientific research in recognition of these values.
Regional implementation target 2
- Analysis of values and functions of national disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management Initiatives prepared by Secretariat.
- Develop and implement best practices on Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management programmes that contribute to poverty alleviation objectives, food and water security plans at local, national and regional levels.
- Promote research, including through the establishment of national and regional research and training centres, into the role of Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management Initiatives in water supply, coastal protection, flood defense, food security, poverty alleviation and cultural heritage.
Operational Plan 3.3
Integrate policies on Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management Initiatives in the planning activities in all Participating Countries, and in decision-making processes at local level, provincial, National and Regional.
- Ensure the inclusion of Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management in general sectoral planning at local levels provincial national and regional including, as far as possible, the necessary budgetary provisions to enable their implementation.
- Develop guidelines to assist Parties in considering the full environmental, social and economic impacts on Disaster Management and Environmental Disaster Risk Reduction.
Regional Implementation Target 3
All Participating Countries to have made available the guidance on Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management